Try this spicy mix of greens and carrots for an easy dinner recipe. This is an Indo Chinese veg noodles recipe and the veggies can be whatever you like. Remember that when making any stir fried dish, the heat has to be high and the ingredients have to be tossed and stirred continuously. Whether you call it Hakka Noodles or Chow-mein. It’s everyone’s favourite! This video shows you how to get this ready in less than 5 mins!
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced on diagonal
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced finely on diagonal
- 1 head of spring cabbage, trimmed and finely shredded
- 125g/4oz rice vermicelli
- handful bean sprouts (optional)
- 2tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 stick lemongrass, bashed and roughly chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- pinch of sugar, to taste
- 1 red chilli, sliced (deseed, if you wish)
- handful of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Mix all sauce ingredients together and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Put to one side.
- Add noodles to a bowl and cover with boiling water for 2-3 mins or as per pack instructions until softened.
- Drain and put to one side.
- Heat oil in a wok, add carrots and cook for about 1 min on a medium-high heat, then add cabbage and cook for a further couple of mins.
- Pour in sauce, bring heat to high and stir-fry quickly for sauce to bubble.
- Then stir through noodles, add the spring onions and beansprouts, toss and remove from heat to serve straight away.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1/4 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 200, Fat: 3.5g, Carbohydrate:39g