Apple Betty is a classic American pudding. It’s essentially an apple crumble, perfect paired with custard or ice cream. This Apple Betty is a kind of cross between apple crumble and baked egg custard. It’s only 2 1/2 Syns per serving and is really easy to make and is a lovely sweet end to any meal.
- 2 large eating apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 50g sultanas (or use raisins)
- 8 eggs
- 4 tbsp artificial sweetener
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 175g vanilla Müllerlight yoghurt/or any Free vanilla yogurt
- Pinch of cinnamon, to dust
- Fat free natural fromage frais, sweetened to taste, to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas 5.
- Arrange the apple slices in a 20cm flan dish and sprinkle over most of the sultanas.
- Beat the eggs with the sweetener and vanilla extract, then add the yoghurt and beat again.
- Pour the eggs over the apples and sultanas and let them sink in the fruit.
- Scatter over the remaining sultanas, dust with cinnamon and bake for 30 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm with fromage frais.
Serves 6 – Nutrition Per Serving – 2 1/2 Syns