Strengthen your core and tone your tummy with these simple yet effective ab exercises in 5 minutes! These moves are suitable for beginners and each move is explained step-by-step for you to start a regular core routine. As you progress, you can choose a harder variation, increase the workout time, reduce the rest time and aim to do more reps.
Structure: 40 secs Workout, 20 secs Rest. A total of 5 exercises.
- Basic Crunches
- Toe Dip
- Hand to Toe Touch
- Russian Twist
- Absolute beginners, aim for 1 set. As you progress, increase to 2 – 3 sets. For best results, do this workout 2 – 3 times weekly on alternate days.
- For best results, combine it with consistent total body workouts (3 – 4 times weekly) and have a healthy and balanced diet.
- For this workout and any other workouts in general, you should feel and see the difference in 4 – 6 weeks. A safe and sustainable amount of weight
loss is 1 – 2 lbs per week.
- Doing this workout more frequently doesn’t equal quicker results. Allowing your muscles to rest and recover is as important too – so do it on alternate days.
- If you are new to this workout, it’s common to arch our back because our abs muscles are not as strong yet. Slow down the pace and focus on getting the right technique initially. Only bring your legs down as low as you can without arching your back. It doesn’t matter if it’s only half way through, because it’s more important that you don’t feel the strain on our lower back, and focus on working the ab muscles. You can also support your lower back by placing your hand directly under your lower back. As your abs get stronger, you will find that you will be able to bring your legs down even further.
- Set yourself a realistic goal. We do not put on weight overnight, so it will take time for us to lose the weight too. If you consume less than your body burns, that’s when you lose weight.