Having a healthy eating plan won’t make you lose weight overnight but will give you the best chance of losing stubborn belly fat and boosting your metabolism. These fat burning foods will help you feel fuller, boost your energy levels, speed your metabolism and aid your body’s digestive system. They are also full of vitamins and nutrients to help fuel your body.
- Fruits that are rich in vitamin C, like lemon, oranges, guava, grapes, tangerines and lime. They all have properties of fat burning character, the vitamin C dilutes the fat, helping it to be released from the body faster. Other foods include chillies, bell peppers, cabbages, broccoli, Soya beans, apples and blue berries. The pectin present in apples restricts the cells absorbing fat, it also encourages water absorption from the food causing the release of fat deposits.
- Your body burns twice as many calories breaking down whole foods than processed foods (especially those rich in fibre such as oatmeal and brown rice).
- Foods that contain Omega-3 fatty acids like are associated with a higher calorific burn.
- You burn about 30% of the calories the food contains during digestion (so a 300-calorie chicken breast requires about 90 calories to break it down). Foods that are high in protein take longer to digest and can significantly boost your metabolism resulting in higher calorific burn.
- Fibre plays an important role in fighting obesity. It is recommended that you consume 20-35 grams of fibre per day. Foods that are high in fibre like whole grain cereal can help you feel full sooner and for longer.
- Foods like milk that are high in complex carbohydrates can boost your metabolism by helping your insulin levels stay low after a meal. Low insulin levels are desirable while high insulin levels are the signal to your body to hang on to fat.
- Garlic is another very effective fat burning food, it contains allicin that help reduce cholesterol as fats