If you are trying to look good while perhaps losing some weight, remember that losing weight doesn’t happen overnight. In the interim you will need some good fashion to accommodate your needs. Women of all sizes deserve to feel good in what they wear and after all plus sizes are when you exceed a size large and most plus-size clothing doesn’t even start until a size 16. This video focuses on the ‘rules’ of plus size fashion and demonstrates that, if broken correctly, the rules don’t hold any weight at all!
10 Practical Fashion Tips For Plus Sized Women
- When it comes to fabric choice, don’t go for fussy fabrics, and prints.
- Tight clothing on a plus sized body will exaggerate your weight. Get clothing that will fit you and forget about the size tag.
- Most larger women choose oversize clothing. The idea is to hide their body, but the truth is they are only drawing more attention to their body. Your clothes must skim your body, no matter what your size or shape.
- When you find clothing that looks good on you, buy and stick with it! If you bought a gorgeous dress that is perfect for your full figure then buy more than one, but in other colours. The same goes for skirts, pants and blouses.
- Wear tops that are longer. If you have a belly that you don’t want to show off, just cover it up! A longer top also elongates your torso and makes you look slimmer.
- A high-waisted dress with a slimmer waistline, will accentuate your curves better. If you’re wearing pants, a lower waist could be a better choice. Wearing pants which will sit low on your hips would help to hide your belly.
- Colour is a amazing tool to camouflage weight. Dark colours recede and light colours accentuate. If you wear dark colours on your heavy parts those parts will look smaller.
- If you have a booty that you are trying to downplay, you should not buy jeans with studs, embroidery or anything else jazzing up the rear pockets. At the same time, if your upper arms are beefy, a short sleeved top with sleeves that end at the thickest part of your arm is going to make them look heavier.
- If you are a plus sized woman, you need to have accessories that are in scale with your body.
- V-neck tops look especially wonderful on plus sized women.