This tasty veggie shepherd’s pie combines potatoes, pumpkin and lot of other healthy veggies to give a lower calorie meal that is good for you!
- 500g potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 150g parsnip, finely chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 300g Quorn mince
- 1 tbs cornflour
- 50g frozen peas
- Place potatoes and pumpkin in a medium saucepan and cover with water.
Season with salt and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and return to pan. Using a potato masher, mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Lightly spray a large saucepan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook onion, carrot, celery and parsnip, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Dissolve stock cube in 150ml hot water. Stir in Quorn and add stock.
- Cook over low heat for 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven grill. Place a baking dish under grill to warm up.
- Combine cornflour with 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl.
- Stir into Quorn mixture until combined. Then stir in peas. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into the warm dish and top with mash.
- Cook under grill for 5 – 6 minutes or until golden.
TIP: Prepare ahead and keep chilled, then bake in a 190°C oven for 25 – 30 minutes.