Quesadillas are easy to make and you can allow your imagination to run wild. If you like artichokes, you’re sure to love the video recipe for low calorie artichoke quesadillas! They are so simple to make and if you don’t like artichokes you can use any other vegetable of your choice! They can be served as an appetizer or as a light lunch/dinner with rice and beans (or something else) on the side.
- large garlic clove, peeled
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and liquid reserved
- 6 large basil leaves, cut into finely cut strips
- 6 flour tortillas (8 to 10 inches in diameter)
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 chilli pepper, roasted, peeled and cut into thin strips
- Finely chop the garlic clove, artichoke hearts and the basil. Mix these ingredients together.
- Spread one half of each tortilla with a few tablespoons of the artichoke mixture.
- Sprinkle about 1/3 cup of the grated cheese over the artichoke spread.
- Arrange a few strips of chilli over the cheese.
- Fold tortillas in half over the filling and brush both sides with some of the reserved artichoke marinade.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Put 2 to 3 quesadillas into the pan and cook until lightly browned; turn over and cook until golden.
- Remove from pan and cut into 4 to 6 wedges.
- Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
Serves 4 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 400, Fat: 21, Carbohydrate: 34g, Fibre: 6g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 21g