These colourful vegan curries are rich, wholesome and full of tasty goodness. The video recipe shows you how to make a vegetable curry. The recipe below the video is for a single serving, but you could easily increase the amounts to serve more people.
- 15 ml medium curry paste
- 227 grams can chopped tomatoes
- 150 ml (¼ pint) hot vegetable stock
- 200 grams vegetables, such as broccoli, courgettes and sugarsnap peas, roughly chopped
- 1/2 x 410g can drained, rinsed chickpeas
- griddled wholemeal pitta and 1tbsp low-fat natural yogurt, to serve
- Heat the curry paste in a large heavy-based pan for 1min, stirring the paste to warm the spices.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and hot vegetable stock .
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and add the chopped vegetables.
- Simmer for 5 – 6min until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the chickpeas and heat for 1 – 2min until hot.
- Serve the vegetable curry with a griddled wholemeal pitta and low-fat natural yogurt.
Serves 1 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 350, Fat: 4g, Carbohydrate: 66g