This is a tasty dish that’s quick to prepare and if you wished you could make them without the turkey for a tasty vegetarian alternative. At under 350 calories this is a winner! The video recipe shows you how to make Turkey Tacos! You can also make this recipe with ground beef or chicken, even steak strips and grilled chicken strips!
Turkey & Vegetable Fajitas
- 300g Turkey Breast, Skinless
- 1½ Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
- ½ Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Small Aubergine
- 1 Medium Courgette
- 1 Medium Yellow Pepper
- 1 Medium Onion
- 8 x 7″ Tortillas
- 170g Pot Low Fat Salsa
- 50g Low Fat Sour Cream
- Make this dish without the turkey for a tasty vegetarian alternative. Simply prepare the vegetables as above and toss them in the chilli/lemon juice/garlic/oil mixture to coat. Stir fry and serve as above.
- These fajitas are equally delicious cold. If you put any remaining turkey, vegetables, etc into the refrigerator and assemble as above for a tasty sandwich alternative!
- Mix ½ tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic and chilli
powder together in a large bowl.
- Cut the turkey breast into thins strips 1½cm (¾”) wide. Add to the bowl and stir until all sides are coated. Set aside in the refrigerator to marinate.
- Top and tail the aubergine and courgette; de-seed the pepper; halve and peel the onion and cut all vegetables into thin strips 1cm (½”) wide.
- Preheat oven to 190°C and pre-warm 2 oven-proof dishes.
- Heat a wok (or frying pan) over a hot heat. Add ½ tbsp oil and when the oil is hot add the vegetables
- Stir fry for 5 minutes, or until vegetables soften and turn brown around edges.
- Remove from wok to oven-proof dish and pop in oven to keep warm.
- Place the tortillas onto a plate and cover with cling film so that they are ready to microwave at last minute. Or you could wrap them in foil and place in the oven.
- Heat the remaining ½ tbsp olive in the wok, add the turkey and stir fry for 3-4 minutes (or until browned on the outside and white on the inside).
- Once this is cooked remove from wok to remaining oven-proof dish.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute (or remove pre-warmed tortillas from oven)
- These fajitas are best served ready to wrap – with each person taking an eighth of the vegetables, an eighth of the turkey, a large teaspoon of salsa and small teaspoon of sour cream per tortilla.
This recipe allows 2 tortillas for each person.