Eating either canned or fresh tuna fish will provide you with a number of essential nutrients and may have some health benefits as well due to the omega-3 fats they contain. So you can enjoy this yummy Tuna Pasta Salad made with fresh and simple ingredients. Pack this salad in an airtight box and take it to work for a healthy lunch.
- 50 grams pasta
- 2 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 50 grams frozen peas
- 5 mls extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small handful of baby spinach leaves
- 15 mls capers
- 5 mls balsamic vinegar
- 80 gram can tuna in water , drained,
- 1 small handful basil leaves, roughly torn
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile in a small pan combine the tomatoes, peas and extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat gently for 5min.
- Stir the baby spinach leaves, capers and balsamic vinegar into the tomato mixture.
- Drain the pasta and tip back into the pan.
- Add the veg, tuna and basil.
- Stir to combine and serve.
Serves 1 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 320, Fat: 3g, Carbohydrate: 48g