This quick and easy dish is good for breakfast, lunch or dinner and if kept in the fridge, covered, any leftovers can be kept overnight and served the next day. The lower calorie frittata recipe is below the video.
~ Lower Calorie Mushroom & Shallot Frittata ~
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3 eggs
- 5 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp fat free half and half (or milk)
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Pecorino Romano
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and fresh pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Stir in shallots and saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped mushroom, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, egg whites, parmesan, half and half (or milk), salt, and pepper.
- Add eggs to the skillet making sure eggs cover all the mushrooms.
- When the edges begin to set (about 2 minutes) move the skillet to oven.
- Cook about 15 minutes, or until frittata is completely cooked.
- Serve warm, cut into 4 equal wedges.
Serves 4 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 132, Fat: 8g, Protein: 11g, Carbohydrate: 6g, Fibre: 1g