Usually packed with high fat cheese and creamy béchamel sauce, regular lasagne can be disappointingly high in calories – but you can enjoy this healthy Slimming World version completely Free! Make sure you choose lean minced beef (less than 5% fat) and enjoy! It’s tasty, easy to make and you can eat as much as you like.
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 courgette, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g passata
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 500g fat free natural yoghurt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 dried lasagne sheets
- 160g reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat.
- Add the beef mince, red pepper, courgettes, onion and garlic and stir-fry for 6 – 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, passata and dried herbs, season well and cook for 12 – 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile mix together the yoghurt, eggs and nutmeg until smooth. Season well.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Spray a medium-sized lasagne dish with low calorie cooking spray.
- Spoon half the mince mixture into the base and top with half of the lasagne sheets.
- Spread over half of the yoghurt mixture and top with the remaining mince mixture.
- Top with the remaining lasagne sheets, spread over the remaining yoghurt mixture
and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- Serve with a large garden salad and enjoy!