These stuffed pepper recipes are the perfect healthy option for meal times – without compromising on flavour.
Roasted Stuffed Romano Peppers
- 6 large red Romano peppers, halved lengthways and deseeded
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 300g button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- A small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 100g passata with onions and garlic
- 120g Cheddar cheese, grated
- A mixed green leaf and tomato salad dressed with lemon juice, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
- Lay the peppers cut-side up in 2 baking dishes and bake for 8 minutes, or until softened but not coloured.
- Meanwhile, place a skillet sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a medium heat.
- Stir-fry the spring onions, garlic and mushrooms for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, parsley and passata and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Fill the peppers with the tomato mixture and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
- Serve immediately with salad on the side.
Add 1 tsp of dried red chilli flakes with the spring onions and 1 tbsp capers with the passata, and use 120g grated parmesan-style cheese in place of the Cheddar.
Syns per serving: Green: FREE, Original: FREE, Extra Easy: FREE