Vegetables do not need to be boring and this quick, easy and low calorie vegetable stir fry tastes delicious and can be prepared and cooked very quickly. The thing about non-starchy vegetables is, that if you are really hungry, you can eat as much as you want to.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced de-seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat oil in large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add curry powder, cumin and red pepper flakes; cook and stir about 30 seconds.
- Stir in jalapeño pepper and garlic.
- Add bell pepper and carrots; mix well.
- Add cauliflower; reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in 1/4 cup water; cook and stir until water evaporates.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup water; cover and cook about 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt; mix well.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and garnish, if desired.
Serves 6 – Serving size 1/6 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 36, Carbohydrate: 6g, Fat 1g, Protein 2g, Fibre 2g