This is a simply delicious, savoury spinach pie recipe that is Greek inspired and combines savoury flavours such as spinach, feta, Asiago cheese, dill and spring onions. Served with a salad, you can turn this into a main dish, or cut it into smaller wedges to serve as an appetizer. Enjoy this warm or at room temperature.
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and liquid squeezed out
- 1/2 cup spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup (2.5 oz) reduced fat crumbled feta
- 2 tbsp grated Asiago cheese (or Parmesan, Romano)
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup fat free milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly spray a pie dish with cooking spray.
- Mix spinach, spring onions, dill, parsley, feta cheese, and in the pie dish.
- Sift flour and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and blend well.
- Pour into pie dish.
- Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until knife comes out clean from the centre.
- Let it stand at least 5 minutes before serving.
Serves 6 – Serving Size: 1/6th of pie – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 126, Fat: 5g, Protein: 9g, Carbohydrate: 12g, Fibre: 3g, Sugar: 2g