Here is a great shrimp recipe with a little heat. If you don’t like spicy food, omit the chilli pepper, if you like heat, you can add as much as you like.
~ Lower Calorie Chilli Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry ~
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sherry
- 1 tbsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 1 chilli pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned
- salt and pepper to taste
- Stir together soy sauce, sherry and ginger; set aside.
- In a wok, heat 1 tsp sesame oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add shrimp and cook until shrimp turns white, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to wok.
- When oil is hot, add asparagus and cook 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and peppers and stir another minute.
- Add shrimp back into the wok.
- Pour sauce over everything and mix another minute.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice if desired.
Serves 4 – Serving Size: 1/4 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 148, Fat: 3g, Protein: 21g, Carbohydrate: 9g, Fibre: 3g, Sugar: 1g