There are many different versions of paella, but if you are dreaming of foreign climes then get a taste of Spain with this slow cooker Paella recipe.
Lower Calorie Slow Cooker Paella
- 1 pound uncooked boneless skinless chicken thighs, four thighs
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium uncooked onion, chopped
- 1 medium uncooked bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/3 cup frozen green peas
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Place chicken, tomatoes, onion, pepper, broth, garlic, oregano and turmeric in a 4-quart or larger slow cooker (crockpot).
- Cover and cook on low setting for 5 hours.
- Add peas and rice; cook, uncovered, until peas are tender, about 15 minutes.
Serving size – 1 1/2 cups per serving (includes 1 chicken thigh per serving).