These dishes are really good and very filling! The video recipe is similar to the Panda Express Shanghai Angus Steak. The second recipe is marinated sirloin steak with broccoli and spiralized broccoli noodles in a delicious hoisin sauce. Instead of throwing out those broccoli stems, you can spiralize them and use them in place of noodles in dishes like this easy Asian stir fry for a low-carb alternative to noodles.
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 (6 oz total) 2-inch thick broccoli stems, spiralized
- cooking spray
- (2) 5 ounce sirloin steaks, 1” thick
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon aji sesame oil
- 1/4 large white onion, julienned
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- Combine the hoisin, orange juice and soy sauce with a whisk.
- Add steaks to marinade and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- While steaks are marinating, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Place the broccoli in a wire basket and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes at a slow boil to blanch.
- Remove from pot and place in ice water to stop the cooking process. Let sit in ice bath for a couple minutes until chilled.
- Remove steak from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature for about 5 minutes before cooking.
- Remove from marinade, reserving the marinade for later.
- Heat a medium non-stick pan on high heat, spray with
oil when hot then place the steaks and cook 3 minutes
on each side (for medium-rare).
- Transfer to a cutting board.
- Add the reserved marinade to the skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, bring to a boil and simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- While the steaks are cooking, place the sesame oil in a large non-stick skillet, add the onions, garlic and ginger and cook on high 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli noodles, season with salt and cook 3 minutes.
- Add the blanched broccoli and cook until hot.
- Divide the zoodles unto 2 separate plates.
- Place the beef on a cutting board and cut into thin strips.
- Lay steak on top of the noodles, top with sauce and serve.
Serves 2 – Serving Size: 1/2 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 349, Fat: 9g, Carbohydrate: 29g, Fibre: 5g, Protein: 36g, Sugar: 5g