Here are two different recipes to make a seafood salad. The video recipe shows you how to make Grilled Shrimp and Calamari Salad and the lower calorie recipe also includes scallops. You can make these quick and easy seafood salads for a taste of the seaside in under 30 mins.
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and finely sliced, then tossed in lemon juice to avoid discoloration (save fronds for topping)
- 4 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, trimmed and sliced on diagonal
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Bunch of fresh dill, finely chopped
- 300g/11oz squid rings
- 180g pack of raw scallops
- 250g pack of raw king prawns
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 50g bag of pea shoots
- Coriander leaves, for garnish (optional)
- 3tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- 5cm/2in piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Mix dressing ingredients, then season and put to one side.
- In a large bowl, toss together fennel, shallots and celery.
- Then add zest, juice, garlic and dill. Put to one side.
- Toss seafood with olive oil and season well.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot, then add seafood in batches and cook for a couple of mins on each side until golden. Put to one side.
- Add half of dressing to seafood mixture and toss together.
- Add remaining dressing and pea shoots to a serving bowl, and toss using your hands.
- Top with fennel mixture and seafood.
- Sprinkle over coriander, if you like, before serving.
Serves 4 – Serving size 1/4 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 379, Fat: 12g, Carbohydrate: 6g