This is a slow cooked shredded chicken recipe with corn, tomatoes and black beans. It’s delicious, requires no pre-cooking, and everyone loves an easy slow cooker recipe. It’s also freezer friendly and gluten-free.
- 24 oz (1 1/2) lbs chicken breast
- 14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chillies (drained)
- 15 oz can black beans
- 8 oz frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt to taste
- Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, spring onions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot.
- Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
- Adjust salt and seasoning to taste.
- Serve over rice or tortillas and your favourite toppings.
Serves 8 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 190, Fat: 2g, Fibre: 6g, Carbohydrates: 23g, Protein: 21g