This is a traditional French salad, with a twist, giving you a fresh way to serve a salmon fillet. This Niçoise is a lovely dish and only takes about 15 minutes to prepare and uses ready-cooked salmon rather than tuna. But if you want to, you may use tuna instead!
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams cooked salmon flakes
- 400 grams can mixed beans, drained
- 50 grams pitted black olives
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- a large handful of mixed salad leaves
- 15 mls olive oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the eggs in a pan of simmering water for 6 minutes.
- Drain, then peel and cut into quarters.
- Put the eggs into a salad bowl with the cooked salmon flakes, the drained can of beans, pitted black olives, halved cherry tomatoes and a large handful of mixed salad leaves.
- Add the olive oil and the lemon juice.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, toss together and serve.
Serves 4 – Serving size 1/4 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 270, Fat: 18g, Carbohydrate: 7g