This lower calorie raspberry meringue pie is made of sponge covered with crushed raspberries and liqueur and topped with meringue – this is a delicious and lower calorie dessert. The video demonstrates how to make a Raspberry Meringue Pie and the lower calorie recipe follows the video.
Easy Lower Calorie Raspberry Meringue Pie
- 8 trifle sponges
- 450 grams raspberries
- 2 – 3 tbsp raspberry liqueur
- 3 medium egg whites
- 150 grams golden caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 230°C (210°C fan oven) mark 8.
- Put the trifle sponges in the bottom of a 2 litre (3½pint) ovenproof dish.
- Lightly crush the raspberries and spread on top.
- Drizzle over the raspberry liqueur.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean grease-free bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually whisk in the golden caster sugar until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Spoon the meringue mixture over the raspberries and bake for 6-8min until golden.
Serves 8 – Serving Size 1/8 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories 160, Fat 1g, Carbohydrate 37g