This old fashioned, rustic potato salad makes a flavour packed meal in itself or goes perfectly with grilled fish or lean meat. This potato salad is deliciously creamy and full of flavour, it is great as a side dish, for a picnic or with a green salad. You can also add a tablespoon of light mayonnaise which gives a nice taste and doesn’t add too many syns.
- 500g (18 oz.) new potatoes, boiled and halved
- 3 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 6 level tbsp extra light mayonnaise
- 200 g fat free cottage cheese
- 50 g fat free fromage frais
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small red onion
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 100 g gherkins
- 1 roasted red pepper
- Cook the potatoes.
- Put the cooked potatoes in a mixing bowl, sprinkle with the cider vinegar and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, fat-free fromage frais and the rest of the ingredients, and toss well until combined.
- Cover and chill before serving.