This is a cross between two classics – creamy Dauphinoise and Pommes Boulangère (potatoes cooked in stock) and only 153 calories per serving!
- 600ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1kg potatoes , thinly sliced
- 6 leeks , thinly sliced into rounds
- 25g butter
- 3-4 rashers streaky bacon , snipped
- 3 tbsp double cream (optional) – NOTE: This will add 51 calories for each tablespoon of double cream
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Put the stock in a large pan, bring to the boil, then add the potatoes and the leeks.
- Bring back to the boil for 5 mins, then drain well, reserving the stock in a jug.
- Meanwhile, butter a large baking dish.
- Layer up the potatoes and leeks, seasoning as you go, then scatter the bacon over the top.
- Season well, pour over 200ml of the reserved stock, then spoon over the cream (if using) and cover with foil.
- Can be made up to 1 day ahead and chilled.
- Bake for 40 mins, uncovering halfway through so that the bacon crisps.
Serves 8 – Nutrition Per serving
153 kcalories, protein 5g, carbohydrate 24g, fat 5 g, saturated fat 2g, fibre 4g, sugar 3g, salt 0.35 g
You could add some garlic (3 or 4 cloves) and fresh thyme and use ham instead of bacon. Delicious!