If you are looking for another way to use tortillas, these pizzas are easy to make and delicious with a crispy thin crust made from tortillas. The topping possibilities are endless — just keep the quantities light so the tortillas get nice and crispy.
Grilled Pizza with Sausage, Onions & Peppers (Weight Watchers Recipe)
- 6 oz cooked chicken sausages, about 2 links, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 small uncooked red onion, cut into thin slivers
- 1 small yellow pepper, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce, or tomato sauce
- 4 medium whole wheat tortillas
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat a grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Place sausage, onion and pepper on grill and cook until the sausage is golden and vegetables start to brown.
- Remove from grill and set aside until ready to use.
- To prepare pizzas, spread 2 tablespoons of sauce on each tortilla.
- Sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano and then top each with 1/4 of sausage-vegetable mixture; top each with 3 tablespoons of cheese.
- Place pizzas on grill (or as many as will fit on grill pan at one time) and cook until edges begin to brown, about 3 to 5 minutes; rotate pizzas. Continue cooking until cheese is bubbly, about 2 to 4 minutes more.
1 pizza per serving