These cookies taste great yet are low in calories (less than 70 calories per cookie). The video shows you how to make classic peanut butter cookies. Quick and easy to prepare and super delicious! The lower calorie recipe is below the video.
Lower Calorie Peanut Butter Cookies
Lower in calories (less than 70 calories per cookie), this is a cookie you do not have to feel guilty about eating or serving to your family! Very easy to make and no bake!
- 16 muffin/cupcake paper holders
- 1/4 cup low sodium, non fat pretzels crushed fine
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup dark honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups of rice crispy cereal
- 1 ½ oz of mildly sweet dark chocolate (4 to 5 squares)
- Crush up the pretzels to a fine mixture.
- Place them in to a medium sized mixing bowl along with all other ingredients EXCEPT the dark chocolate
- Mix well making sure all mixture is coated with peanut butter and honey
- Wet your hands with warm water (you will want to do this after each ball is formed). Wet hands allow these to be formed easier
- With your hand, take a small handful of mixture and begin to form a ball approx 1″ in diameter. You will want to squeeze firmly to make sure the balls are packed tightly.
- Lay formed ball in to a cupcake/muffin liner paper
- Rinse hands and do not dry them.
- Form all cookies this way and lay them in to individual cupcake liner papers
- Take your chocolate squares and in a small pot, heat the
chocolate on low heat, stirring as it melts
- Transfer chocolate in to a small container
- With a spoon, drop chocolate on to each cookie
- Place cookies in to the refridgerator where they will stay until served
Serves 16 – Serving Size 1 cookie – Nutrition Per Serving: 68 calories