Try this trio of pancakes served three ways. Start with a classic buttermilk pancake batter, then use one of the three different filling suggestions for a stack of pancakes sure to suit any taste.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large banana, very ripe, mashed
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts (optional)
- olive oil or butter flavour cooking spray
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine milk, egg white, oil, vanilla and mashed bananas in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Combine wet ingredients with the dry and mix well with a spoon until there are no more dry spots. Don’t over-mix.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat.
- Spray cooking spray to lightly coat and pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter.
- When the pancake starts to bubble and the edges begin to set, flip the pancakes.
- Repeat with the remainder of the batter. Makes about 3 cups of batter which yields 12 pancakes.
Serves 6 – Serving Size: 2 pancakes – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 146, Fat: 4g , Protein: 7g, Carbohydrate: 22g, Fibre: 3g
WITHOUT NUTS – Calories: 129, Fat: 2g, Protein: 6g, Carbohydrate: 22g, Fibre: 3g