Steak and avocado is such a great combination, then when you add the beans you have a complete healthy and delicious meal. This delicious beef recipe is lower in calories – clean eating at its best!
Pan Seared Steak With Avocado & Bean Salad
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 tbsp Creole seasoning
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 thin cut beef sirloin steaks
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 540 ml (9 fl oz) tin mixed salad beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1 tsp each)
- Rub steaks with olive oil and Creole seasoning.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or grill over medium-high heat.
- Add the steaks and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer to a large plate and cover with foil to keep the steaks warm.
- Combine the avocado, tomato, green onions, cilantro, beans, lemon zest and juice in a medium bowl.
- Stir until well combined.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a couple large spoonfuls of the bean salad on each plate.
- Thinly slice the steaks on the grain and place on top of the salad.
A basic guide to calories in beef:
- 100g of roasting beef = 135 calories
- 100g of lean beef mince = 125 calories
- 100g of lean beef steak = 125 calories