Try a taste of the Mediterranean with this recipe that works well with any combination of vegetables. If you don’t like aubergine and courgette, why not try using mushrooms, baby sweetcorn, sliced carrots and spring onions for a change?
- 225 g dried pasta
- 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green pepper
- 2 courgettes
- 1 aubergine
- 2 red onions
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 x 400 g cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped basil, plus a few leaves to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 225 g fresh or frozen spinach
- 275 g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 25 g finely grated vegetarian Parmesan style cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 8 – 10 minutes until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- De-seed the peppers and cut into chunks; slice the courgettes; roughly chop the aubergine and peel the red onions and cut into wedges.
- Place the vegetables in a roasting tin, spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes until softened.
- Transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, basil and seasoning to taste.
- Place in an oven-proof dish and arrange the spinach over the top.
- Toss the pasta with the fromage frais and arrange over the top of the spinach.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Divide the pasta bake between 4 serving plates and serve with a crisp green salad.