Fish and shellfish are nutrient dense and salmon is no exception. It is an excellent source of high-quality protein, vitamins and minerals, including potassium, selenium and vitamin B12. So you can enjoy this recipe knowing that not only is it delicious, but it is also good for you!
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce, less sodium
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 fish, salmon fillet
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a jar; cover and shake well.
- Place salmon steaks in a dish
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon marinade over each.
- Refrigerate 10 to 30 minutes.
- To cook, remove salmon from marinade; discard marinade from dish.
- Place salmon on a lightly greased grill pan.
- Brush fish with some of the remaining marinade.
- Grill 10 minutes per inch thickness of fish; turning once and basting.
- Serve garnished with minced cilantro.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1 fillet – Nutrition Per serving
Calories: 340, Fibre: 0g, Fat: 19g, Carbohydrate: 7g, Protein: 35g