This lovely sticky chicken recipe is full of flavour. The first recipe uses chicken thighs and the second recipe is lower calorie and uses chicken drumsticks. The skin is removed from the drumsticks and the recipe is adapted so that it can be cooked in a slow cooker. The easy slow cooker chicken dish is made with only 6 ingredients, including the salt and pepper! It is kid-friendly and delicious!
Maple Dijon Chicken Drumsticks
- 8 skinless drumsticks
- 1/4 cup pure Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp garlic salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Season chicken with garlic salt and pepper and place in slow cooker.
- Combine maple, balsamic, and Dijon in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour over the legs, making sure the chicken is covered.
- Set a 6-quart slow cooker to HIGH and cook 4 hours, or until cooked through and tender.
- Serve with veggies of your choice.
Serves 4 – Serving Size: 2 drumsticks – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 219, Fat: 4 g, Carbohydrate: 17 g, Protein: 26 g, Sugar: 12 g