A simple low fat turkey pasta bake, that is full of flavour. Pasta is a cheap way to maintain a healthy diet, mixed with a good sauce it does a good job of keeping you full for a such a small amount of effort. Cheap and cheerful but will keep you going for hours.
- 400g lean turkey meat cut into bite size chunks
- 400g pasta of your choice
- 180g reduced fat cheddar
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 100g broccoli cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion finely diced
- 100g mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- fry light
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to packet instruction, and set aside.
- Pre heat oven to 180’c.
- Spray a large sauce with fry light and cook the onion, peppers, mushrooms and broccoli for a few minutes.
- Add the turkey and cook for a further few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, herbs and seasoning and cook for 8-10 minutes, adjust seasoning ( if the sauce is a little too acid add a tsp of natural sweetener) and add to the cooked pasta.
- Mix in 1/3 of the cheese and empty into a large oven proof dish.
- Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is a golden brown.
- Enjoy with a crisp garden salad.