Sometimes nothing will satisfy your hunger better than a comforting plate of pasta and today we have a simple, yet low fat version of everyones favourite recipe. At 123 calories per serving, you can enjoy a nice Spaghetti Bolognese and still keep to your diet.
Low Fat Spaghetti Bolognese
- 500g fettuccine pasta (or spaghetti)
- 600g beef mince (reduced fat)
- 2 x 440g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place large saucepan over medium heat, add oil, onion, capsicum and garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove onion mixture from pan.
- Keep saucepan over medium heat, add the mince and
cook for 10 minutes, or until meat is well browned.
- Add cans of crushed tomatoes and onion mixture to
mince and stir well until combined.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes and serve with fettuccine,
and cheese if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Energy per 100g: 123 cal, Fat per 100g: 2.8g