Not only are these individual meatloaves adorable, but they are lightened up by swapping the beef with turkey. Give these perfectly portioned meatloaves, a try tonight! Pickles have a salty briny flavour so don’t use fresh cucumbers! And if you don’t fancy the idea of adding pickles then you could add grated mushrooms and carrots into the mix. Or you could try the recipe below the video as it uses zucchini instead.
- 3/4 cup grated zucchini, all moisture squeezed dry with paper towel
- 2 tbsp onion, minced
- 2 tbsp diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (use plain for dairy free)
- 1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.3 lb raw 93% lean ground turkey
- 5 slices centre cut bacon, cut in half
- 2 1/2 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Lightly spray a petite loaf pan with oil (if you don’t have a petite loaf pan you could use a muffin tin).
- In a large bowl, mix the zucchini, onion, red pepper, breadcrumbs, BBQ sauce, egg, paprika and salt.
- Add the turkey and combine until mixed through.
- Create 5 equal loafs and place them into the loaf pan.
- Place the 2 bacon halves over each loaf and top each with 1/2 tbsp additional BBQ sauce.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Serves 5 – Serving Size: 1 loaf – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 259, Fat: 10 g, Carbohydrates: 17 g, Fibre: 1 g, Protein: 25 g, Sugar: 7 g