Eating salmon is a deliciously smart choice. Packed with omega-3 fatty acids and protein, this dish will keep you energized for hours! This lower calorie recipe has tender, moist fish with crisp beans that would make a great evening meal!
- Olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- splash of soy sauce
- juice of ½ a lime; use the other half for serving
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 large salmon fillets, skin on, halved
- 225 grams (8oz) green beans, topped
- Half red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- In a large pan, add oil then onion and a pinch of sea salt.
- Cook till onion starts to caramelise.
- Remove, then mix onions in a small bowl with soy sauce
and lime juice. Taste, and put to one side.
- Fill a large pan a quarter of the way up with water, add lemon halves
and bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Lay salmon fillets in a metal colander.
- Sit this over pan.
- Put a lid on colander and cook till cooked through (6-8 mins). Remove and put to one side.
- Add beans to another pan of boiling, salted water and cook till they still have a bite to them.
- Drain, then rinse under cold water.
- Toss with onion dressing.
- Carefully lift salmon from colander and remove skin.
- Sprinkle over chilli, if using, and serve with beans and lime wedges.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1/4 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 300, Fat: 17g, Carbohydrate: 4g