If you love a Greek Salad, then you’ll love this sandwich. Crisp Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, kalamata olives, feta cheese and red onion on ciabatta bread with a touch of oil and red wine vinegar. This is a great sandwich, it’s meatless but has plenty of flavour from the olives and feta. You can even add some sun dried tomatoes. This video shows you how to make a super simple Greek salad that is refreshing and the flavours pack a nice punch!
~ Lower Calorie Greek Salad Sandwich ~
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp Kalamata olives, minced
- 4 thin slices red onion
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp crumbled feta
- 12 oz ciabatta bread, cut into 4 pieces
- 8 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl whisk red wine vinegar, and olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped olives and red onions set aside.
- You can add the onions to the vinegar as this mellows out the sharpness of the onion, but this is completely optional.
- Spread the olive mixture on 4 slices bread.
- Top with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and red onion; season with salt and pepper.
- Top with feta, close and cut sandwich in half.
Serves 4 – Serving Size: 1 sandwich – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 291, Fat: 8 g, Protein: 8 g, Carbohydrate: 46 g, Fibre: 2 g, Sugar: 0.5 g