Gluten is the protein component found in wheat, rye and barley. Gluten gives elasticity, strength and the ability to ‘hold’ food products together. Some individuals are more sensitive to gluten than others and over consumption may lead to digestive symptoms such as bloating, pain and stomach cramps. So why not give these Gluten Free Chunky Muffins a try?
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-Heat oven to 350.
- Coat a 12 – cup muffin pan with your favourite low calorie cooking spray.
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips.
- Gently mix in chips once the ingredients are well combined.
- Divide batter evenly between the muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Serves 12 – Serving size 1 muffin – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 228, Fat: 14g, Carbohydrate: 22g, Fibre: 3g, Sugar: 15g, Protein: 7g