Pasta can have a lot of calories, but if you use a lot of vegetables and less pasta, it becomes filling without all the extra calories. The first recipe is pasta with garlic and olive oil and the second recipe is spaghetti with mushrooms, garlic and oil. Any mushrooms would be great for this recipe, or even a combination of a variety of mushrooms. Simple and ready in under 15 minutes.
Spaghetti with Mushrooms, Garlic & Oil
- 12 oz mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 lb (8 oz.) uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- salt and fresh pepper
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until soft, about 1 minute.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, salt and pepper and sauté about 2 minutes.
- Add white wine and cook another 3 minutes.
- Before draining the pasta reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Drain pasta and toss with mushrooms, parsley and pepper.
- If pasta is too dry, add a little of the reserved pasta water.
- Serve with grated cheese if you wish.
Serves 4 – Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 293, Fat: 8g, Carbohydrate: 46g, Fibre: 3g, Protein: 10g, Sugar: 2g