This super tasty dessert is not only light on calories but it’s packed with antioxidants from the fruit and calcium & protein from the yoghurt. Eton Mess is a classic British dessert, however the original version is loaded with both fat and calories. A single serving of traditional Eton Mess can be a whopping 580 cal and 50g of fat, whereas this version is just 165 cal and less than 1g of fat.
- 1 large or 4 individual meringue nests
- 500g fresh strawberries/frozen summer berries (defrosted)
- 450g fat-free vanilla/Greek yoghurt
To make a super skinny version (which is higher in protein too) use fat-free Greek yoghurt instead of the fat-free vanilla yoghurt.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1 portion – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 165, Carbohydrate: 35g, Protein: 7g, Fat: 0.3g
- Break up the meringue nests with the back of a spoon
- Layer the ingredients in 4 wine glasses: yoghurt, meringue, berries, yoghurt, meringue, berries, yoghurt, meringue – Or you could mix the broken meringue nests and yoghurt together before folding in the berries and spooning into 4 wine glasses or bowls – top with sliced strawberries or berries or crumbled meringue!
Most of the sugars are naturally occurring, from the fruit (fructose) and yoghurt (lactose) but there is a small amount of added sugar from the meringue and low-fat yoghurt.
N.B If you use 0% fat Greek yoghurt then the recipe is only 150 cal, 25g Carbs, 13g Protein and 0.1g Fat