Chicken Cordon Bleu is easy to prepare at home. Traditionally when ordered in a restaurant, this dish is fried, however, baking works just fine and no one will noticed you used reduced fat Swiss cheese. In the video there are simple instructions for cooking delicious chicken Cordon Bleu and this is followed by a lower calorie recipe.
~ Lower Calorie Chicken Cordon Bleu ~
- cooking spray
- 12 thin sliced (36 oz total) skinless boneless chicken breasts, 3 oz each
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 5 oz (6 slices) thinly sliced lean deli ham, sliced in half
- 6 slices (4.4 oz) reduced fat Swiss cheese, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Spray a large non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Wash and dry the chicken cutlets; lightly pound the chicken to make thinner and lightly season with salt and black pepper.
- Lay the chicken on a working surface and place a slice of ham on top of the chicken, then the cheese and roll, setting them aside seam side down.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites along with water to make an egg wash.
- In another medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Dip the chicken into the egg wash, then into the breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken onto the baking sheet seem side down. Spray the top of the chicken with more cooking spray and
bake about 25 minutes, or until until cooked.
Serves 6 – Serving Size: 2 pieces – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 378, Fat: 10g, Protein: 55g, Carbohydrate: 8g, Fibre: 1g, Sugar: 1g