Diet coke chicken is one of the most popular Slimming World recipes, the diet coke just adds the stickiness and a unique sweet BBQ taste. This sticky diet cola chicken recipe features an unusual ingredient and it’s also tasty, tender and really easy to make. If you want to try this but don’t like cola, you could replace with the cola with the same amount of stock and some Worcester or Soy sauce or fajita spice or Chinese five spice.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, 1 yellow and 1 green pepper, chopped into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 8 tbsp passata with onions and garlic
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 330ml can diet cola
- 200ml chicken stock
- 200g sugar snap peas
- Place a large pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a high heat.
- Add the chicken, peppers and onion and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add the diet cola, stock, passata, tomato purée, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and dried mixed herbs and stir well.
- Bring to the boil, cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Add the sugar snap peas, stir and increase the heat to medium-high.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the veg is tender.
Tip: Try swapping diet cola for diet orange, for a tasty change.