This delicious and light cod recipe is colourful, quick to cook and is ideal for weekday meals. Perfect for a light main meal accompanied by fresh green salad, it is low fat and low cholesterol.
- 1 cod fillet, about 115g (4oz), skinned
- One tomato, sliced
- 25g wholemeal bread crumbs
- Rind and juice of half lemon
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Arrange the cod fillet in an oven proof dish,
season with salt and black pepper.
- Place tomato slices on top.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, lemon rind and juice and the oil with seasoning to taste.
- Spoon the crumb mixture evenly over the fish, then bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Serves 1 – 140 calories per serving