Two pasta dishes today! The video shows you how to cook a great creamy chicken pasta dish. The second recipe uses grape tomatoes added to some low carb pasta and diced chicken giving you a delicious, healthy meal in less than 20 minutes. Perfect for a busy week night!
Spaghetti with Sauteed Chicken and Grape Tomatoes
- 2 skinless chicken breast halves, diced in 1 inch cubes
- cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp each of dried oregano and dries basil
- salt and fresh pepper
- 8 oz spaghetti (high fibre or low carb)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed and coarsely chopped
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Season chicken generously with salt, pepper, oregano and basil.
- Heat a large pan on high heat.
- When hot, spray with oil and add chicken.
- Cook about 3-4 minutes, until no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Reserve about 1/2 cup pasta water before draining.
- While the pasta cooks, add olive oil to the pan on high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until golden brown (do not burn).
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Sauté about 4-5 minutes.
- When the pasta is drained, add pasta to the tomatoes and toss well.
- If the pasta seems too dry, add some of the reserved pasta water.
- Add fresh basil and chicken and toss well.
- Serve and top with grated cheese.
Serves 4 – Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 330, Fat: 7g, Carbohydrate: 48g, Fibre: 7g, Protein: 25g