This simple savoury soup takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish! If you just make this with mushrooms you can have this as a first course since it’s such a light soup, but to make it a little more substantial as a main dish, add some chicken breast. Still light at under 115 calories, you could easily serve this with a salad or half sandwich on the side. The recipe in the video is low fat and a great recipe to make if you like chicken soup.
- 4 cups water
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 celery stalk, cut in half
- 5 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz baby mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tsp Chicken stock
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 7 oz skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Place cold water and flour in a blender and blend until smooth; pour into a medium pot and set heat to medium.
- Add celery, mushrooms, chicken stock and butter and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken, cover and simmer on low 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and set aside; continue to cook the remaining soup an additional 5 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Place celery and 1 cup of soup into the blender; blend until smooth, then return to the pot and simmer a few minutes.
- Shred or cut the chicken into small pieces and add back to the soup.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Serves 4 – Serving Size: 1-1/2 cups – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 111.5, Fat: 3.4 g, Protein: 13.6 g, Carbohydrate: 12 g, Fibre: 0.9 g, Sugar: 1.4 g