This family meal served with celeriac and parsley mash is full of flavour and goodness. Celeriac makes a really nice change to potato – it’s much lighter and goes well with the other flavours. The video shows you how to make celeriac mash potato video. It is simple to make and it’s a nice change from normal mashed potato. The recipe for the cod is below the video.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 x 120g/4½oz pieces cod
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- Lemon wedges, to serve
To Make The Mash
- 1 large head celeriac, peeled and cubed (about 500g/1lb 2oz)
- 2 tbsp butter
- Parsley, finely chopped
- Make the mash first.
- Boil the celeriac in salted water for 10 minutes until soft.
- Drain, put back in the pan and steam-dry for a few minutes.
- Mash with the butter and seasoning, then stir in most of the parsley. Keep the mash warm while you cook the fish.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan. Dust the fish in flour, season on both sides, and fry for about 4 minutes on each side then remove to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and cook the garlic and chilli for 2 minutes until golden.
- Add the vinegar, sugar and a little salt, then bubble for 1-2 minutes.
- Return the fish to the pan to warm through.
- Serve the fish on the mash, with the pan sauce poured over.
- Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve with lemon.
- If you like more sauce you could double the amounts.
- You could serve this with peas or baby spinach.
Serves 4 – Nutrition per serving
Calories 259: Protein 25g: Carbohydrates 10g: Fat 13g: Fibre 7g