This is a delicious recipe with a deep full flavoured curried sauce and succulent chicken pieces low in fat but bursting with flavour. You can make this amazing leftover chicken curry recipe go further by adding chickpeas or lentils.
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1tsp coriander seeds
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, roughly halved (seeds left in)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 5cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1tsp turmeric
- 2 – 3tbsp balti paste
- 6 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls of leftover cooked chicken, cut into large chunks
- Preheat oven to gas mark 6/200°C (180°C in a fan oven).
- Tip cauliflower into a roasting tin and toss with coriander seeds and half oil.
- Put in oven and cook for 20 – 30 mins, or until just tender. Remove and put to one side.
- While that’s cooking, add onion, chilli, garlic and ginger to a food processor and pulse until chopped (don’t over-chop, or it will turn to mush).
- Heat remaining oil in a deep frying pan, add onion mix and turmeric and season well.
- Cook on a low heat for 2 – 3 mins, then stir in balti paste and cook on a really low heat for 3-4 mins.
- Add tomatoes to a food processor and pulse until chopped, then add these to pan and stir.
- Simmer gently for 20 – 30 mins, topping up with hot
water from a kettle until it reaches desired consistency.
- Taste and season some more if needed.
- Stir through chicken and cauliflower and heat through.
- Serve with naan bread.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1/4 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 280, Fat: 12g, Carbohydrate: 12g