These Chocolate orange brownies are a chocoholics dream – they bring together the perfect combination of orange and chocolate. Even better, these delicious low-fat treats are just 168 calories each. Remember to allow an hour for cooling.
Lower Calorie Chocolate Orange Brownies
- 175g self-raising flour
- 40g cocoa
- 100g dark brown sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 egg
- 100g low-fat natural yoghurt
- 75g low-fat spread, melted
- Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin, then preheat the
oven to 180ºC (350ºF, gas 4).
- Sift the flour, cocoa and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the sugar and orange zest.
- Beat the egg with the yoghurt and 150ml cold water, then mix into the dry ingredients, along with the melted low-fat spread.
- Stir until smooth, then pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 15 mins until just firm, leave to cool in the tin, then chill in the fridge for at least an hour before cutting into squares.
- Serve with fresh orange segments and a dollop of low-fat crème fraîche.
- Serve this for dessert or as a tasty accompaniment to a steaming cup of tea or coffee.
Serves 9 – Serving Size 1 Brownie – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 168, Fat: 5g