This easy Chinese chicken noodle recipe uses stir-fry strips of chicken in a teriyaki sauce with spring greens. It is quick to prepare and cook and at only 270 calories per portion it is also great as part of your weight loss plan!
- 3-4 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 2tsp dark soy sauce
- 1tsp soft brown sugar
- 2-3tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 bunch of spring greens, shredded
- handful of fine soba noodles or egg noodles (prepared as per pack instructions)
- 2tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2tbsp mirin (or use sherry)
- 2tsp runny honey
- Add chicken, soy and sugar to a bowl.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and toss together until coated.
- Add half of oil to a wok, then add chicken pieces along with sauce and cook on a fairly high heat for about 6-8 mins until cooked.
- Remove and put to one side.
- Add remaining oil, turn heat down, add garlic and chilli and simmer in oil for a few mins until garlic is softened.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and put to one side.
- Top up with more oil if needed, raise heat, add greens and toss around pan for about 5 mins – they need to remain a little crunchy.
- Remove with tongs and put to one side.
- Mix teriyaki sauce ingredients together and add 100ml/ 3fl oz water.
- Add to wok and bring to the boil.
- Bubble for a few mins until mixture begins to thicken and become glossy, then return greens, garlic and chilli mixture and chicken and toss.
- Add noodles, toss and warm through. Serve immediately.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1/4 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 270, Fat: 7g, Carbohydrate: 18g