This recipe is the perfect healthy option for meal times – without compromising on flavour. Loaded with flavour, this makes a great dinner, and with a salad on the side it gives you a healthy, low calorie meal that is quick, easy and delicious.
- De-seeded halved peppers
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (diced)
- Onions (roughly chopped)
- Garlic (crushed)
- Cherry tomatoes (halved)
- Cooked rice
- Fresh herbs
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
- Lay some de-seeded halved peppers in a baking dish, spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 8 minutes, or until softened but not coloured.
- Place a pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a medium heat.
- Add 2 skinless chicken breasts (diced), onions (roughly chopped) and garlic (crushed) for 4-5 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes (halved), cooked rice and fresh herbs and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon the cooked chicken and rice mixture into the peppers.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake in the oven for another 10 minutes or until golden and bubbling.