Making a quiche does not need to be complicated and this version is perfect for informal entertaining or family dinners. You don’t need to fiddle about with pastry to make this quiche and you can enjoy it hot or cold!
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 4 onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 large courgettes, thinly sliced
- 300g bottle roasted peppers in brine/vinegar, drained and finely chopped
- 12 large eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 200g reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and sauté the onions over a medium-low heat for around 15 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to a wide bowl and set aside.
- Wipe the frying pan with kitchen paper and re-spray with low calorie cooking spray.
- Place over a medium heat, add the courgette and stir-fry for around 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the heat and add to the onions along with the roasted red peppers.
- Beat the eggs with the garlic, tomato purée, dried herbs and three quarters of the cheese. Season well.
- Lightly spray a round, ceramic deep pie dish (about 30cm across) with low calorie cooking spray.
- Put the onions, courgettes and red peppers in the prepared dish and pour over the egg mixture. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until almost set.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and return to the oven for another 15 minutes or until lightly browned on top and just set.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges.
Serves: 10 – Syns per serving: Green: 3, Original: 3, Extra Easy: 3
Tip: Replace the Cheddar cheese with creamy blue cheese for a different flavour.